We are always interested in talking to people who want to work for Bisca.
We are always looking for great people to work with. If you believe you have the talent, ability, and creativity to come and work with like-minded individuals, then we would like to hear from you.
Send us an email to introduce yourself, or call Jamie Eccles on 01439 771702
You will be an important part of a small team, using a wide range of materials and fabrication techniques to create one off commissions to very high standards. These standards have earned Bisca its reputation for quality and workmanship.
You will be fabricating structures from drawings using a wide range of processes. These include MIG/TIG welding, polishing, grinding, precision cutting and sawing to name just a few. All projects are bespoke and you need good problem solving skills as well as the ability to work unsupervised. Equally you will also be a great team player.
Dialogue with design and procurement is part of this role and you are expected to attend design briefings for your team’s projects.
After building the commission in the workshop your team will then install at client premises. Throughout the project, your work must consistently meet quality standards and is completed within time and cost constraints.
Key Skills and Experience
The mix of in house manufacturing with on-site installation provides interesting and challenging work. Ideally, you will have metal working skills along with experience or interest in working with other materials, timber, stone and glass.
Working with private clients and on contractor operated building sites, as Bisca’s representative you must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels.
We are looking for people with the ability to demonstrate relevant examples of problem solving or fabrication experience. This could be through hobbies (for example automotive repair, sculpture etc) or perhaps through machinery, plant or equipment repair and modifications.
- Experience of metal work including MIG/TIG welding desirable
- 1 year minimum fabrication experience (either in related industry or through hobbies/interests/college)
- Genuine pride in work that reflects your “insane eye for detail”
- Interest in bespoke architectural manufacturing
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude and a team player
- Full drivers license
- Previous blacksmithing experience working with hot metal and able to forge, form, cut, burnish, finish and weld (Blacksmith Role)
Although fabrication of the staircases takes place in the Helmsley workshop, there is a degree of working away with this position. You must be flexible and willing to travel to site installations both in the UK and overseas.
Job Title: Workshop Craftsperson
Salary: Salary negotiable depending on experience + benefits + working away allowance. Assistance with relocation may be considered for the right person.
Contact: Jamie Eccles on 01439 771702, or send us an email to email@example.com
Designer / Design Engineer
As a designer at Bisca your job will be varied and stimulating, with all our projects designed in house from start to finish. We rarely complete the same design twice and approach each client’s brief with a blank sheet of paper.
You should have the abilities to design both creatively and technically, taking into consideration how the product will work as well as how it will look. You will also have a level of commercial awareness, understanding how each of your decisions at any point can have an impact on the overall profit of a project.
From one day to the next you could be involved in any part of the project process, from speaking to prospective clients on their first phone call or working with our in-house craftsman to agree manufacture and installation processes for the current projects.
Key Skills and Experience
We are looking for a Designer capable of managing a project from concept stage to completion, on time, within budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work within the Design team to take a number of projects from proposal stage to full completion on time and in budget using all available resources, quality materials and processes in order to meet the needs of all key stakeholders
- Manage the projects at all stages throughout the design process on time and within budget
- Provide technical validation and creative development for enquires
- Convert valid enquiries into projects
- Ensure profitable execution and delivery of projects through design
- Monitor accuracy and quality standards to ensure they are met at all times
- Develop commercially sustainable innovative solutions to projects
- Assist with training and maintenance of the service levels and standards for internal and external clients
- Manage associated paperwork and data input to the levels required by the company
- Review and propose solutions and upgrades to existing company management software
- Co-operate effectively with all areas of the business to ensure the workflow moves successfully between departments
- Ensure that the quality of the product delivered to the workshop is of the highest standard
Required Experience & Skills
- Must be proficient in 3D modelling
- Degree level qualified in a relevant design related area
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Organised and able to manage a number of projects effectively at any one time
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work and communicate effectively with other teams and departments internally and externally
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commercially aware in their approach to customer requirements and service levels
- Able to demonstrate previous experience or relevant transferable skills in a similar environment
- Demonstrable experience in successfully using SolidWorks package
- Motivated to achieve daily and weekly targets / deadlines
- Have a ‘can do’ approach to work
- Able to interact effectively in order to build strong working relationships
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able and willing to multitask in the business
- Must be driven to constantly look for ways to improve their performance
- Able to create a positive working environment and demonstrate commitment to good environmental practice
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
Job Title: Designer/Design Engineer
Salary: Salary negotiable depending on experience + benefits. Assistance with relocation may be available for the right candidate
Contact: 01439 771702 and quote “design vacancy” or send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org